Thursday, June 24, 2010

Can you develop an eye irritation to makeup?

I just changed makeup and cleanser a week ago and at first every thing was fine but then a couple days later, my one eye was getting red. today it is still red but my vision is blurry. I used to use Clinique, I just wanted a change so I have been using Prescriptives foundation (which does have a smell to it that is strong) and eye makeup and Lancome soap! I know it wasn't good to switch all at the same time, but I have never had a problem with allergies before? Has this happened to anyone? I don't want to lose my vision over this??Can you develop an eye irritation to makeup?
Yes....Happened to me. I can't wear eye make up at all. You may want to contact your doctor to make sure you don't have conjunctivitis(pink eye)Can you develop an eye irritation to makeup?
yes you can develop an allergy to things. there may be something in the new brand that is irritating you. Clinique is great, you should stick with it, especially in this case.
It might be useful to have your eyes looked at by a professional. Old make-up especially eye make-up can cause irritation because of bacteria growth in the make-up. As the irritation is only around your eyes, perhaps the problem lies only with those products you are using around your eyes. Another thought: any allergens around you at the moment, such as animals, dust, etc? That could also play a role.


I would suggest first stop though would be to see a professional especially if you fear losing your vision!


Good luck.
IF IT'S NOT HYPOALLERGENIC YOU CAN. CHECK WHAT YOU HAVE AND LAY OFF OF IT FOR A WHILE.
yes. someone i Know could not wear eyeliner for over a month
dont use anything....be natural...
You will be ok, just stop using it. I had the same issue with a certain brand of Mascara, it made my eyes itch, and I would actually get sty's on my eyelids from it. So I quit using it. Go back to something thats dermatology tested. Cover Girl is a great one. Thats what I use, or Almay..
i get the same thing if my mascara is old, or if someone else uses it..... maybe go back to your old brand
You probably won't loose your vision if you find out which product you are allergic to. I got a VERY bad reaction to Clean and Clear products and can't use them anymore. My suggestion is find out the one that is bothering you and throw it out. It also could be a combination of all of them???
Yes, it is possible that you just have a sensitivity to the stuff you are trying. Not necessarily allergies. I myself have sensitive skin, and need to be careful of what I use. When I find something that doesn't make me break out or cause irritations of any kind, I tend to stick to it.
Make-up can get contaminated and we can get an infection. Make-up can also be irritating if we are sensitive to the ingredients. We can't tell from here which is the case.. best to see you eye doctor. Meanwhile, stop using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
systemworks